Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative company part of the family of companies owned by Constellation Software. Constellation is the largest software company in Canada and the most successful Tech stock in Canada over the last 10 years. Shoplogix is in a unique position given it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets, both organic and through acquisitions, and have only begun to scratch the surface of our addressable market. We need your help to create something very special: a world-class global IoE (Internet of Everything) company in manufacturing. We value curiosity, drive, transparency and engagement, both in the performance of the business as a whole, and outside of work. We are located in the beautiful town of Bronte, Oakville, just one block from the lake.
Shoplogix is an advanced technology firm that boosts productivity and performance for manufacturers. We offer an innovative web-based solution to drive machine and process efficiency on the plant-floor. This cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production, and automatically highlights the opportunity cost of downtime in a visual and intuitive reporting interface. Shoplogix integrates data visualization with powerful analytics to expose hidden losses, eliminate waste and accelerate continuous improvement. Our hybrid hardware/software solution encompasses many different technologies and we are seeking those who can help us continue to provide the absolute best possible solution and contribute to a platform and user experience that is unmatched.
Shoplogix software takes I/O signals directly from the factory floor and pushes them up to our cloud services which provide a realtime conduit for our web reporting, mobile apps, media displays and notification engine.
Our Technology Stack:
- C# 5, RESTful web services
- Amazon Web Services (EC2)
This role will focus primarily on working with C# / .NET so prior experience is a must. If you have the ability to contribute to the entire stack that will be a strong asset. You will work with the other members of the Development Team and will be assigned new feature/module development projects. You will lead the design/architecture of assigned projects and provide feedback/ideas to other team members to the projects they are working on. You will work on all aspects of the software development life cycle. Responsibilities will also include performing QA of projects completed by peers and providing fixes for Support Tickets. At Shoplogix we work as an agile team and often are managing through shifting priorities. We’re looking for a highly motivated developer that takes pride in creating the best possible solution. You will be working with a strong team and will have knowledgeable colleagues to collaborate with. You will also benefit from the systems we have put in place including an automated build system, an automatic QA framework, and a cloud server monitoring system.
Things you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience working with C#
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving)
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with any additional specifics from the Technology Stack listed above would be an asset.
Perks at Shoplogix:
- Flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- You will be working with an excellent team with an open-door approach at all levels
- We have an ice cream/gelato machine which of course is wired to our monitoring system so you get email notifications as soon as a batch finishes
- Foosball table, Pool table, Ping Pong, Commercial grade espresso machine
Some of the fun we have outside of work:
- Weekly group soccer games, movie nights, mountain biking team races, indoor climbing gym near the office, frisbee golf, beach volleyball and golf tournaments for the whole office.
This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.