Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering solutions that improve plant performance for manufacturers worldwide. Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, the largest software company and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. Shoplogix is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets, both organic and through acquisition – we have only begun to scratch the surface of the addressable market. We need your help to create something very special – a world-class global IoE (Internet of Everything) company in manufacturing. We value curiosity, drive, transparency and engagement. We are located in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from the lake.
We look for the best people: self-motivated and driven professionals with a very high ethical standard. This position provides an excellent opportunity for professional growth and to have a big impact in various areas of our entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding company. You will be an integral part of Shoplogix as this position will be responsible for all the financials and identifying improvement opportunities through financial analyses. We are looking for a trained accountant who has the capability to also impact operations outside of the traditional accounting responsibilities – someone who is keen to understand the business at large and takes initiatives to improve our operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will report directly to our VP of Operations and work very closely with the CEO and the management team on various initiatives to improve and expand the business
- You will have a dotted line to our group finance function in Toronto. The group finance function represents a number of businesses and is responsible for reporting to our owner Constellation Software. You will spend a few days a month in Toronto for onboarding, ongoing communication, coaching and training.
- Your responsibilities will be very versatile and you will be a very important player in the business, both managing all the financial & accounting aspects of the business but also being heavily involved in the operations of the businesses.
- Financial analyses – you will be required to prepare various accounting and financial analyses and use them to identify improvement and business expansion opportunities
- Business analyses and support – you will work closely with different departments and help them with analyses. Provide input and support based on data. This also includes keeping track of customer contracts and ensuring proper billing of our customers
- Responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, working capital management as well as full cycle accounting
- Responsible for month end close activities and coordinating with the Toronto finance team on monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements.
- Reconcile license keys with our list of paying customers
- Manage and file monthly HST return. Annual tax returns will be done by our group in Toronto.
- Help with some office and work environment related initiatives
We are looking for candidates with:
- CA/CPA designation with exceptional track record in accounting and finance
- Minimum a couple of years work experience as a designated CA/CPA
- Someone with financial training and experience but also very curious about the operational aspects of the business and keen to jump in and help different departments with various analyses
- Ability to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities over time
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Tremendous drive and always looking for better ways of doing things
- A “Can-do” attitude and willing to jump in where needed. Taking initiative is second nature
- Proven analytical skill set. Able to conduct comprehensive analyses and experience in developing advanced financial models.
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- Profit sharing program
- We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both organic growth and through acquisitions
- The premium and most progressive product on the market
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie outings, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site etc.)
This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume to Nikita at email@example.com.