If you want to be instrumental in scaling up a rapidly growing and innovative software company onto a global stage, and if the current digitization of the manufacturing sector fascinates you, then this opportunity is hard to beat since you will be part of creating the future in manufacturing.
Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering smart, could-based, software solutions that improve production performance for manufacturers worldwide. We have customers in 32 countries and direct representation in 11 countries. Shoplogix is an autonomous company under Constellation Software, the largest software group and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. Shoplogix is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets and we have only begun to scratch the surface of the addressable market. We need your help to create something very special – a world-class global Smart Factory Software Platform company in manufacturing. The manufacturing industry is undergoing a digital transformation and trends like IoT, AI and Industry 4.0 plays right into our offering. Our ambition is to create a Smart Manufacturing vertical through organic growth but also through acquisitions. We value curiosity, drive, transparency and engagement. We are in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from the lake.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for professional growth and to have a big impact in various areas of our entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding company. You will be an integral part of Shoplogix’s Professional Services team as this position will be responsible for implementing our SaaS software products for our manufacturing customers. Our software implementation cycle is rapid and highly configurable, we are looking for hands-on Implementation Project Manager with strong experience in implementing software in manufacturing sector.
What you’ll be doing:
- Report directly to our Professional Services Manager as part of a Global Professional Services team
- Work closely with our customers, sales, development and support resources to implement our software product successfully
- Responsible for implementation and project management activities following industry best practices and internal implementation methodologies, including but not limited to project kick-off, gap analysis, deployment, configuration, testing, training, project updates, and reporting.
- Manage communication with clients and stakeholders and build meaningful relationships with key contacts to ensure project business and technical objectives are met
- Discuss strategies and brainstorm new features which the customer would like, perform the changes, then review and validate with the customer
- Communicate with customers about new software updates and provide training of new features. You will manage software updates, ensuring the stability of the devices after updates are applied
- Help build our knowledge base by creating written materials which can be shared amongst the team as well as with our partner community and customers
- Determine the cause and any solutions or workarounds to an issue post go-live. Initially, you will need to work with senior team members while learning how to effectively diagnose issues, but should become very self-sufficient, eventually providing ideas and feedback as to how we can enhance our product and avoid these issues in the future.
- Support sales activities and post-implementation activities as needed, providing product demos, trainings and software adoptions
- You will be assigned personal projects to help optimize or internal processes
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Project Management or Business Analysis role in software implementation environment
- PMP certification (or equivalents) desirable
- Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt &/or Black Belt certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial/Mechatronics/Electrical/Software) or related field (required; Master’s preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with software architecture, cloud computing , Electrical Wiring and PLC programming
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of manufacturing practices and applied manufacturing experience (experience in automotive, food & beverage and/or steel industries are an advantage)
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language
- Excellent analysis, debugging, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Post Sales and/or customer service experience in working with cross functional teams
- Ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical applications and installations.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to help grow with the company and take on more responsibilities over time and come up with creative solutions
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Able to keep flexible hours while ensuring that our customers receive excellent service
- Able to travel 40% mainly in North America. From time to time, international travel may be required.
- A “let’s make it happen” attitude and willingness to dig in and do the heavy lifting. At the same time, a knack for developing strategies and ability to see the big picture.
- Entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both through organic growth and acquisitions
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- We take great pride in our first-class team and family like culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
- The premium and most progressive product on the market
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie outings, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site etc.)
This is a full-time and permanent position.
Also, check out our “Introduction to Shoplogix and the management team” video