If you want to build a career in M&A, then this opportunity is hard to beat. You will be able to tap into the collective best practices from 400 acquisitions. You will have an opportunity to add value through the entire M&A cycle, working with a driven, high energy M&A team and senior leaders within our organization. We offer a unique opportunity to build your career as a value-driven investor or in operations in acquired software companies.
Shoplogix is an operating group of Constellation Software, the largest software company and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. We acquire small, medium, and large sized companies from owner/operators as well as institutional and corporate shareholders. Constellation has been able to make over 400 acquisitions globally over the years due to its unique model: we never sell (hold for life), we want to keep acquired companies independent and we invest in growth through R&D, complementary follow on acquisitions and best practice sharing between the 400 companies.
Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering smart, cloud-based, software solutions that improve production performance for manufacturers worldwide. We have customers in 32 countries and direct representation in 11 countries. The manufacturing software market is very fragmented and we are now expanding our M&A team to make a significant amount of acquisitions in this space. You will be working out of our office located in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from Lake Ontario.
As an important member of the Shoplogix M&A and Corporate Development team, you will drive our acquisition activities by proactively sourcing and building relationships with vertical-market-software business owners and management teams. This is a great opportunity to apply your business development skills towards corporate acquisitions in an entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for sales-oriented individuals who are interested in software/technology M&A and possess a strong understanding of financial concepts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and screen vertical market software businesses primarily in the manufacturing space that meet our strategic criteria and specific metrics
- Add new prospects to our proprietary database of industry contacts
- Plan, develop and conduct prospecting campaigns through email, outbound calling, attendance at trade shows, and in-person meetings
- Develop and nurture relationships with CEOs, Presidents, owners, professional advisors and other stakeholders
- Gather, analyze and present target company financial information and build basic valuation models
- Provide support in later stages of the acquisition process (offers, letter of intents, due diligence) as required
- Track activities and maintain relevant information in Salesforce CRM
- Travel to prospect meetings and industry events
We are looking for candidates with:
- Distinguished academic performance. Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in finance, business, economics, or related field
- CPA/CA and/or MBA is preferred, but not necessary
- 2 to 5 years of M&A related business development experience and/or experience at a top-tier consulting, accounting, investment banking, private equity, corporate development, or other relevant fast-paced and analytically driven investment organization
- Must have great business and financial acumen, analytical & strategic thinker with excellent written & oral communications skills
- Is very detailed oriented and has a proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Solid telephone communication skills and capable of establishing and building rapport remotely with acquisition targets
- Proven research and financial modeling skills
You have the following attributes:
- Strong Work Ethic: Must be self-motivated, open to learning and sharing new ideas. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a pipeline. Understanding that M&A prospecting is a balance between volume and precision that requires consistent effort.
- Entrepreneurial Attitude: Ability to work independently and connect the dots when speaking to business owners. Positive personality with a strong drive to succeed.
- Articulate & Persuasive: Ability to think on your feet and pivot the conversation when necessary. Communicates in a professional, confident, and convincing manner.
- Access to best practices through our owner Constellation Software Inc.
- Shoplogix is a highly entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both through organic growth and acquisitions
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- The premium and most progressive product on the market that can be levered in M&A activities
- We take great pride in our first-class team and family like culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie outings, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site etc.)
This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume to Nikita Khara at email@example.com.