Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering solutions that improve plant performance for manufacturers worldwide. Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, the largest software company and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. Shoplogix is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets, both organic and through acquisition – we have only begun to scratch the surface of the addressable market. We need your help to create something very special – a world-class global IoE (Internet of Everything) company in manufacturing. We value curiosity, drive, transparency, and engagement. We are located in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from the lake.
Shoplogix is looking for a Staff Accountant who will oversee the customer billing and revenue recognition function as well as prepare financial reports and account reconciliations. In addition, they will ensure internal controls are being followed and perform financial analysis as required. As Shoplogix is building out an M&A team there will be potential to assist in mergers and acquisitions as the situations arise. Given the nature of the company from time to time, the candidate will be expected to help out with certain office administration duties and other tasks that arise.
High energy, motivation, initiative, and drive are a must. A successful candidate will not be afraid to get into the details, will be highly analytical and have excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate would be motivated to grow with the role and company. There are plenty of opportunities to learn from Constellation Software best practices and learn how to handle all aspects of a business’s accounting and finance function.
What you’ll be doing:
Customer billing and related revenue recognition:
- Coordinates and prepares customer invoices and reconciles monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders, and other support material.
- Assists in the monthly reconciliation of key billing and AR related accounts (i.e., work in progress, AR, deferred revenue).
- Assists in the calculation of salesperson commissions.
- Review of AR aging reports and assistance in the preparation of the allowance of doubtful account provision and supporting material.
- Proactively identifies and escalates, as necessary, past due customer accounts and recommend actions for resolving delinquent accounts.
Other accounting/administration responsibilities:
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal timelines (i.e. management reviews, month end close schedule, board meeting, etc.) and external timelines (i.e. tax, government regulations, etc.).
- Assist with state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Assisting with accounts payable and vendor management
- Maintenance of controls documentation, controls assessment and compliance.
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Filing and performing related administrative duties as assigned.
- Undertaking special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Assisting with office management, and coordinating with management on any tasks that arise.
- Helping to organize and run all office functions and events.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Looking to enroll in the CPA designation program
- Highly organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as senior management.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic work environment.
- Team player, proactive and self-disciplined.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Intermediate in Excel
- Experience working with Microsoft Great Plains is an asset.
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- You will be eligible to participate in our Profit Sharing Program
- We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both organic growth and through acquisitions
- The premium and most progressive product on the market. Focus on continuous innovation.
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie outings, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site etc.)
This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume to Nikita Khara at firstname.lastname@example.org.