Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering solutions that improve plant performance for manufacturers worldwide. Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, the largest software company and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. Shoplogix is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets, both organic and through acquisition – we have only begun to scratch the surface of the addressable market. The emerging market for Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 are currently driving significant demand for technology solutions like Shoplogix. We need your help to create something very special – a world-class global IoE (Internet of Everything) company in manufacturing. We value curiosity, drive, transparency, and engagement. We are located in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from Lake Ontario.
Shoplogix is reinventing the reality of manufacturing plants, encouraging end-users to transform their plants into more effective, waste reducing businesses, and we are seeking talented, curious folks to join our growing team! Shoplogix is looking for a highly creative UI/UX designer to help our team build the greatest, most intuitive user experience possible. This position will work with every member of the development, engineering, and operations team to translate high-level requirements into interactive, effective user experiences. In this role, you will drive the usability of all projects by both producing and testing the visual tools that serve our clients. By establishing yourself as an expert on the design of our software solution, you will help define Shoplogix’s role in the manufacturing space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Product Manager, front-end developers, and engineers
- Analyze and translate all data from customer visits, stakeholder meetings, marketing analytics, industry trends, and user-testing into strategic design solutions
- Clearly articulate design needs to decision makers within the organization
- Take on multiple user interface experience projects at the same time
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends and Shoplogix solutions, products and services to improve solutions and suggest enhancements proactively
We are looking for candidates with:
- 3+ years in web development or UI/UX development role with proven track-record of success
- Design thinking for mobile-first layouts and functionality (particularly tablet devices, as one of our main end-users operates these on the plant floors)
- Ability to design wireframes, user flows, components, layouts, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain a front-end component library
- A strong sense of visual design (graphics, icons, layout, colour patterns)
- Interest in conducting customer research and interviews, and receiving feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities over time
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Tremendous drive and always looking for better ways of doing things
- A “Can-do” attitude and willing to jump in where needed. Taking initiative is second nature
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Interaction Design, Computer Science, Software Development or related field
Nice to have:
- Ability to design ReactJS components
- Comfortable leading usability testing sessions
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- You will be eligible to participate in our Profit Sharing Program
- We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both organic growth and through acquisitions
- The premium and most progressive product on the market
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie nights, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site etc.)
- Ice cream/gelato machine which, of course, is wired to our core product monitoring system so you get email notifications as soon as a batch is ready
This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume to Nikita Khara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out our website at www.shoplogix.com/careers/.
Also, check out our “Introduction to Shoplogix and the management team” video www.shoplogix.com/who-we-are/our-team/