Shoplogix is a fast-growing and highly innovative organization focused on delivering smart, could-based, software solutions that improve production performance for manufacturers worldwide. We have customers in 32 countries and direct representation in 11 countries. Shoplogix is an autonomous company under Constellation Software, the largest software group and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. Shoplogix is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, Shoplogix has a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture given it operates as a fully autonomous company.
We have very ambitious growth targets and we have only begun to scratch the surface of the addressable market. We need your help to create something very special – a world-class global Smart Factory Software Platform company in manufacturing. The manufacturing industry is undergoing a digital transformation and trends like IoT, AI and Industry 4.0 plays right into our offering. Our ambition is to create a Smart Manufacturing vertical through organic growth but also through acquisitions. We value curiosity, drive, transparency, and engagement. We are located in the beautiful town of Oakville in Bronte Village just one block from the lake.
We look for the best people: self-motivated and driven professionals with a very high ethical standard. Shoplogix is looking to welcome a Vice President of Operations and Growth to our team in Oakville, Ontario. We are seeking a highly influential, efficient, and reputable leader with a bias for action. The person in this role will be an integral member of the Shoplogix Senior Leadership team and will have P&L responsibility for, and a big impact on, various areas of our entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding company. This would also include geographical growth and strengthen our presence in e.g. Europe. Working at Shoplogix will give you access to Constellation’s best practices, robust career development, and the opportunity to pursue challenging, “stretch” goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be integral in taking Shoplogix to the next level of performance and achieving our very ambitious growth and profitability targets
- Ensure the company and individual departments are set up to scale. This includes implementing organizational structure and improving workflows while maintaining our entrepreneurial drive
- While reporting directly to the CEO, you will work very closely with all levels and areas of the company. You will help identify opportunities for improvement and make it happen
- Work closely with our key customers to identify business drivers, ensure value creation and adoption of our software
- Conduct various business analyses and build financial models to inform and advise on business decisions
- Develop expansion strategies into new geographical regions and execute on those strategies
- Stay on top of market trends and the competitive landscape. Constantly look for market opportunities and ideas to create more value for our customers by doing research and speaking with our customers and partners
- Assist in sourcing companies to acquire, due diligence and integration post-acquisition
- Find, establish, nurture and manage partnership opportunities. This may include researching and identifying potential partners in new geographical regions
- Manage various improvement projects and day-to-day operational tasks
We are looking for candidates with:
- 10+ years of an exceptional track record in making a substantial impact in software companies OR exceptional and extensive track record in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvements on the production shop floor. Ideally, you have both.
- Extensive experience and proven ability lead teams and strong track record in managing and improving P&L
- Strong track record of organization and team development, including but not limited to succession planning, molding future leaders and top-grading
- Extensive experience working in entrepreneurial, high-growth environments
- Tremendous drive and always looking for better ways of doing things. Taking initiative, assuming leadership and ownership is second nature
- Exceptional business acumen and interpersonal skills
- A “let’s make it happen” attitude and willingness to dig in and do the heavy lifting. At the same time, a knack for developing strategies and ability to see the big picture
- Proven analytical skill set. Able to conduct comprehensive business and competitive landscape analyses, and extensive experience in developing advanced financial models
- Acquisition integration experience would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- MBA, related business degree or finance degree is strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial and fast-growing company, both through organic growth and acquisitions
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software
- Competitive compensation, flex hours and a comprehensive benefits package
- We take great pride in our first-class team and family-like culture. Open-door approach at all levels
- The premium and most progressive product on the market
- Numerous team activity opportunities outside of work (soccer, movie outings, beach volleyball, pool and ping pong table on-site, etc.)
- This is a full-time and permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Nikita Khara at email@example.com.